Allow for us to introduce you to Kimberley Hargreaves who is one of our Graphic Designers here at Easy-Trim.
Her job role involves creating visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate customers or potential customers.
She develops the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports and presentations etc.
1) How would you describe your day job at easy-trim?
I work in the marketing department making the scraps of data and product descriptions look pretty to send out to our customers!
2) What gets you out of bed in the morning?
I usually wake early naturally but doesn’t mean I get out of bed (if I don’t have to), I usually just snuggle up with the dogs and listen to my audio book till my lazy little boy decides to get up which is never before at least 8:30/9.00am if not later!
3) Before easy-trim, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had and why?
Nothing really wired before Easy-Trim, just usual print industry places, but I now run a business alongside my day job where I do kid’s parties, so most weekends I’m dressed in a batman or minion top playing party games with 100’s of kids!
4) If you could switch job roles with anyone here, what would you be doing?
I don’t really want any other job but if I had to, I like driving and I have my food hygiene certification so maybe one of the merchandisers jobs doing the open days.
5) What do you like the most about your job and what are your biggest challenges?
Computer design programmes comes easy to me so I like how not many jobs can faze me, but when I do get the odd challenging job I enjoy working it out, I have a very logical type brain!
6) If you could change one thing right now about your job what would it be?
He admin side of raising the POs for the print jobs this is my biggest whinge at the min!
7) Tell us about your favourite memory to date at easy-trim?
I do not have one particular memory which would stand out, there are lots of memories that are my favourites for different reasons.
8) When you’re not working at easy-trim what do you get up to?
Mostly working at my other job doing kids parties and fitness classes, but on my days off I like to do fun (childish) things with my little boy like Ice Skating, Swimming, Theme Parks and day trips.
9) What is your biggest achievement in life to date?
Making an awesome little boy, and he’s a right good ‘en (I know most people say that about their children but seriously he’s been the easiest most well behave child I’ve ever met ha!)
10) What is the most important thing you have learned in the last 5 years?
Don’t rely on others, make your own way but if the worst does happen, remember you can always turn things around!
11) If you could pick anyone, dead or alive to be your life mentor who would it be and why?
One of the Dragon’s Den lot, maybe Deborah Meaden, I’m always a thinking of new business Ideas so she would be good to bounce a few ideas off and maybe stump up the cash!
12) What is your guilty pleasure?
Britney Spears, got to be – love her can’t wait to see her in concert again this year! But suppose my other concerts booked this year could be classes as guilty pleasures too! Little Mix, Steps, Whigfield and Vengaboys! A proper summer cheese fest!
13) If you could learn to do anything what would it be?
Tough one because things I want to learn I tend to go and learn them as I love a challenge but I’d love to be able to fix things like car problems, plumbing, stuff that will save me money and hassle but only if I woke up with the knowledge one day and not had to spend years training I’d rather pay a mechanic!
14) What is your life motto or personal mantra?
To make most of the small things because they add up to great things!
15) Tell us the one thing you hate the most?
PEOPLE!! 95% of all things that annoy me is down to people!
16) Tell us the one thing you cannot live without?
Obviously my little boy but material things…definitely my blanket its my most treasured possession and I cant sleep without it.
17) What is your hidden talent or party trick?
I make amazing piñatas! I make them every week for kids parties, Hulk, Disney Princess, Unicorns, Emojis, Hungry Catapillas, allsorts I’ve been asked for many challenging projects!
18) If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life what would it be?
Turkey Drummers – with anything, pasta and veg, chips and spaghetti, just as butties any which way they come!
19) What three traits best describe you?
Generous, Thoughtful, Sarcastic…..but some of them are only shown to certain people!
20) If you came back as an animal what would you be and why?
Definitely a dog, my pooches are spoilt, get looked after and always getting cuddles so can’t see a downside to their life really!
And the coffee is up so we will have to say a BIG Thank you Kimberley, for taking the time out your day at easy-trim to let us have inside scoop into your job role. Keep your eyes peeled for more staff spotlights: 20 Q&A’s by the easy-trim coffee machine – coming soon!